Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shackles to use with Crown HD leaf springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shackles to use with Crown HD leaf springs?

Since I am essentially in the process of rebuilding my whole front suspension, I plan on doing the back in the coming months. I don't really want a big lift since it's my daily, and my rear leaf springs have pretty much shit the bed. I was looking at Crown's HD leaves for the back since I've read you can get 1-2" over stock height, but that they are slightly shorter so the shackle angle is bad for ride quality. Any suggestions on a replacement/aftermarket shackle to improve the angle, or is the only real way to get shackle relo brackets? Trying to keep this on a budget, but not trying to buy garbage parts. I plan to also run somewhere between a 1"-1.75" lift block in front, depending on the amount of lift I gain out back.

Any help would be great
    -Michael
    2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
    2014 Granite Crystal JGC Limited - Hemi, Tow-pack, Lux-Pack II, 20's
    2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
    702rwhp/684rwtq

JKS boomerangs, and get the shorter crown springs.
    dirty30

Comment

Or Dylan will make you some out of wood
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Truth
        dirty30

Comment

Hahaha thanks, the JKS ones look nice.
          -Michael
          2001 Silverstone Metallic XJ Limited - TJ Moabs, Grabbers, 3" lift, RC trackbar, etc. - SOLD
          2014 Granite Crystal JGC Limited - Hemi, Tow-pack, Lux-Pack II, 20's
          2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt - 5.3 4v stroker, Comp Cams, VMP TVS, T56, Built IRS, etc...
          702rwhp/684rwtq

Comment

Working...
          X