Track bar bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track bar bracket

So I drove my jeep the other day and I got the notorious death wobble. So I got out and tightened up both sides and when I did I noticed that the axle side bracket was sheered off. So my questions are

I have a Clayton track bar that needs to be installed as well. I tried to mount it and its extra long. Will I have to cut it down after I get a new bracket?

Who makes a good replacement/aftermarket bracket?
    What are my options?OTA?
    Hench

ATM anyone?

I say start from scratch and make an ota . Sell off the Clayton bar and make a bar with heims and a nice double shear top end bracket. You can totally line everything up starting from scratch to ensure you cut out bump steer then you got a great setup str.ong as well and perfectly suited to your rig and needs.

That'd my opinion. I like to build all my stuff over buy then it suits me perfectly
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

So I'm back again. Weighing my options on a new track bar bracket and steering.
      Some backround...

My JCR steering is shot and I need new TREs. The tie rod is bent from OER. I have a Clayton HD track bar and bracket but when I tried to install a couple months ago it is too long. The bar adjusted all the way in is 31 1/2". My current skyjacker bar is 29.5". So I either need to cut down my clayton bar and reweld etc etc. Or I can sell it, get a new Clayton bar already at 29.5".
      Next...
      So I got some death wobble, tightened up the bolts and still had death wobble. Looked under it and the axle side bracket is 85% snapped off. Should I make a bracket?

Please help me out and give me some input!!!
      Pros and Cons of all of your setups

A) Cut the bar, make a bracket, and get all new TREs for my steering now
      B) Swap out and sell that bar for new one, and buy new DIY ruffstuff steering
      C) Swap out and sell that bar for a new one, and just put new TREs in
      D) New bar, JKS OTA bracket, and start building a WJ setup.
      E) Other options? Help! mother fuckers!

I would rather not spend all of the money and do option D...But Let me know what you guys think. I know some of you run and have run the WJ setup. Please chime in....

WILL, CALEB, Bueller....

Thanks guys
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Ruffstuff is having a 17 percent off sale
        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD
        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

I don't understand how your clayton bar is too long if you are using an oem chassis mounting location or a clayton double sheer bracket.

Not trying to insult you, but it sounds very much like you are trying to mount it where the steering stabilizer is supposed to mount from.... can you post a picture of the axle end and the chassis end?
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post

WILL, CALEB, Bueller....
            I take offense.

Option D is best IF you want to spend the time and lots of money to do it. To go cheaper and get all new I'd vote for a ruffstuff or jcr otk swap and custom track bar, sell the clayton bar. Or figure out what's up with the clayton bar and just throw a new one in with bracket and be done
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

The cheapest way is to figure out that Clayton trac bar you ave. But if you want to do Wj, it's not that bad. You can just by a whole Wj d30 fo like $100, then you have cailpers and knuckles, my tracbar for like 75, jks spacers are like 40, 'redrill the rotors, bal joints and done
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                The cheapest way is to figure out that Clayton trac bar you ave. But if you want to do Wj, it's not that bad. You can just by a whole Wj d30 fo like $100, then you have cailpers and knuckles, my tracbar for like 75, jks spacers are like 40, 'redrill the rotors, bal joints and done
                then drag link, tie rod and track bar mounts unless you have them
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Dropping pics

Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Track bar bracket

That's the stabilizer mount... How the fawk have you not noticed that...

In your defense it looks like you have no choice because your OEM bracket got cut away. You're pretty much stuck with an OTK knuckle setup or a WJ swap.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
                    Last edited by Ruepart Hoaxley; 04-13-2014, 06:58 AM.
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Did you cut out your original tb mount? Should look like this.

Last edited by Pedro; 04-13-2014, 07:59 AM.
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I never touched any of the brackets on this axle. Got it from a junk yard
                        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Damn. Previous owner f'd you.
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

lol awesome that would explain why it doesn't fit correctly
                            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Junkyard might have cut off the bracket instead of unbolting or cutting the trackbar. They suck.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
                              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                              MK2 Jetta > M3
                              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X