Fastback Cage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastback Cage?

Just dreaming, as my TJ will likely never run again, but if it were to...

I was planning on replacing the cage with something thats a full tie-in with more protection than the stock one.

So, Ive seen a few fastback style cages, and I like the look of them, but Im not sure I want to go this route, as I like the idea of still being able to keep my rear seat, and furthermore protection for passangers. This is partly why I never wanted to switch to an in bed fuel cell... that and I'd be losing storage space if I went that way.

So the passanger thing is the big factor I guess. However, I cant really justify this as a reason for not making a sick looking cage, as maybe I drive with the rear seat in like 2 days out of the year anyway. So not a huge sacrifice I suppose. And, well, I guess I can just plan on keeping it on all fours...

So I guess Im just asking for opinions, and any pics of fastback/cool tj cages for ideas.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

I decided that I didn't want the back seat in my YJ and traded the family cage that came in my YJ with the one below straight up. I can only remember two or three times in all the years that I owned both of my CJ7s or my TJ that anybody sat in the backseat so that option is gone. Large box with plenty of spare parts and tools will be between the wheel wells now.

Comment

Cant really do it and have adequate safety for the rear passengers like you said so thats really the determining factor to me. If you dont carry passengers than you might as well do it, and have an excuse to take up the back with a cell too
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I wouldnt do a cell either way. I like having the storage space. Its funny, because im a huge fan of funtionality, but I cant really justify keeping the back seat I dont think. But like I said, I'll miss it for those rare times I need to haul 3 people around. oh well.
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Bench seat....
          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
          1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

I meant 4 total... but I like your style.

Comment

could turn the backseat around and butt it up to the front seats, like how some scramblers were set up. Run the seat belts off the b pillar and have that center bar as the high point for passenger heads then start building the sloping fastback cage.
              1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
              2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Cause that wont get me pulled over... haha

Comment

Thats not legal anymore? Damn laws...
                  1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                  2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Not unless its original equipment I believe... Even if it was legal, I dont see how I wouldnt have to talk my way out of it every ten min.

Comment

Add a good uniqueness factort to your otherwise nondescriptive wrangler
                      1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                      2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Working...
                      X