Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Fail

Well, like I posted up in the build....

I replaced the blown rear shocks with a pair of RC 8000's. The problem is the following:

The rear now constantly bumps into the unibody due to the sway bar bottoming out. The leafs are shot and hopefully I can get that resolved in the next couple weeks. To sum it up, the rear bounces like a rice rocket. In the meantime, would removing the rear sway bar make things better? Or would it just make things worse?
    1998 XJ.....Finally.
    1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

new RC8000s? confirmed good? shitty shocks with worn out springs is the only explanation

also hope you have bumpstops..

removing the rear swaybar is not going to increase your suspension dampening haha
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

RC 8000 shocks are probably the worst shock ever made.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

It was either that, or keep rolling around on the blown ones. My bump stops are completely gone. They were used, and just wanted to do something until I get to next month.

I'm wondering if I'm better off throwing the bad shocks back in

On another note, what would you suggest for replacements? I'll order some bumpstops this week. That's overdue.
        1998 XJ.....Finally.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
          On another note, what would you suggest for replacements?
          Bilstein 5100s if you want it to ride nice. They're a pretty penny though.

Rough country shocks are garbage.

If you're trying to be cheap I'd just go buy advance auto specials. They'll ride rough but I doubt they'll bottom out.
          Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
            Bilstein 5100s if you want it to ride nice. They're a pretty penny though.

Rough country shocks are garbage.

If you're trying to be cheap I'd just go buy advance auto specials. They'll ride rough but I doubt they'll bottom out.
            Those might work. Whole idea is to get some good ones around Feb. Gonna try to work on the leaf's tomorrow. The only reason I mentioned the sway bar is because it's damaging the unibody. At least I only spent $30 on the RC's.
            1998 XJ.....Finally.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Working...
            X