How to redo your headliner without removing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to redo your headliner without removing it

Took care of my disgusting lack of a headliner that I've been dealing with mentally for the past year and a half.

So me and my dad dug through some of the thousands of fabric rolls we have kicking around and found a really nice beige/sienna ultra suede that also happened to be fireproof.
    After much debating we decided to go buy a quart of contact cement, in hope that the brushing might smooth down the insulation and provide a contact for the fabric. Here's the swath we cut held up by wall upholstery battons.

Started with the glue at the windshield , glued and spread the fabric about 1 foot back, and let it dry for 15ish minutes, supported by the battons. Then rolled up the fabric from the hatch forward and glued patches of about 6" working towards the rear, from where we left off on the front

Finishing up on the hatch

Finished !!! A little wrinkly on the edges, but we ran out of glue as we finished near the hatch, so we just pushed it into the trim and we'll get to it later.

The difference is phenomenal, even just mentally, it's been driving me nuts for so long.
    Last edited by WarGin; 11-30-2013, 02:41 PM.

When I had my Cherokee I did mine too. Since I do stuff like this for a living I did it a little different.

Comment

That fabric looks awesome! I'm assuming you removed the backing board out of the car?
      Ideally I would have as well but it was in 15 different pieces held together by the insulation, so I coudnt remove it without destroying it.

Comment

Working...
      X