2000 xj loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 xj loss of power

while driving, get to a light or stop sign and start to go again the jeep will stumble over itself, revving up and down but not going faster with throttle input. give it a few and it's fine again. no CEL. TPS? other sensor issue? drives perfect otherwise, very intermittent
    I drive a Datsun

Bueller?
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

you guys are no help
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

It may sound crazy, but I've had bad gas before. Completely fucked everything, added a cleaner, get the water out, drove a bit and full up with the best octane I could and the problem resolved. This was a few years back in pa, but a simple easy trial.
        Don't Panic

Comment

hmmm idk if water would stay in there. it's been doing this awhile and been through 20+ tanks of gas
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Just when dropping from load to idle? Does it die?
            Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

it's during acceleration. doesn't want to go for a minute then is fine. idle is fine
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Part out
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Could be TPS but doubtful, it'd be more obvious I'd think.

Try just cleaning the throttle body? Check the plug gap? Fuel rail pressure? If the rail pressure is too low or the injectors are clogged, they can still put out enough gas to idle fine, but once a load is put on them they starve out.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Is this just during warm up or at anytime.?

Comment

Anytime. I've been driving it for 3 days now and it did it to me once on the way home from work. Shifted to neutral, revved it a bunch and its fine. Very intermittent
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

i had to drive mine tonight like an imaginary stick it sucked but i think its because i have no back pressure
                        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD
                        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Apparently this thing stalled out the other day. Otherwise it's been fine
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

try cleaning the throttle body and IAC valve. worst thing to come of this is a clean throttle body and IAC. Reason i say IAC is my gf's jeep seems to stutter when i get on the throttle right after i start it, every start. But its fine after that. I dont know but it may be an issue with the IAC closing and throttle blades opening. Just a thought

Comment

Mine did this forever. Turns out it was the chinese CPS I put in it. Took months to figure it out. Swapped damn near everything out and had it on the scanner datalogging it 4 times. On a chance I installed one I had kicking around and fixed it. Been great ever since.

Comment

Working...
                              X