2000 xj bearings and rotors on older d30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 xj bearings and rotors on older d30

i know 00 and 01 have slightly different unit bearing and rotor widths than the older ones but if i swap them both to a zj 30 will the calipers then line up correctly?
    I drive a Datsun

Ive swapped brakes and bearings around and never had a problem. Only time I had an issue was with WJ outers. I had to use the newer bearings but because the caliper bracket hit the rotor.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

ok sweet that's what i figured was the issue since i did the wj swap on my old one. i think i'm going to put the current 2000 2wd brakes on the zj lp30 and slap it in there. voila 4wd
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

I did have a problem one time, I dont think the newer bearings and older brakes work. Something like that. There was one combo that wouldnt work. I know i had early wheel bearings in my 2k 30 and was fine.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

ok got ya. i'm leaving the calipers on the jeep, taking the unit bearings and rotors from the jeep and putting them on the 30. so the brakes will all match but the axle and caliper brackets will be from the older 30
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

You will be good to go.
            Im pretty sure the only combo that wont work is the older style rotors on new style bearings.
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Sweet thanks guys
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
              X