HELP!! shifter came out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! shifter came out

i have the ax15 in my yj and i was driving down the highway and my shifter lifted up like out of what ever it's in and it could like fold over then i jammed it back in and i'm home. anyone else ever have this happen?
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

que? i dont get the fold over part

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

like the entire shifter came out and i could fold it to the side because the only thing holding it in is the boot

Comment

i think its held in by four bolts, i remember taking my shifter off when i dropped my tranny to do my clutch

Comment

oh ok got ya. yea its 4 bolts to take it off. look on google and see what you find. i found a bunch of pics that show how it comes on and off.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

sounds like the retainer plate came off... pull the boot and look to see if the bolts backed out or sheered off
            Originally posted by Fast Orange
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

i just pulled it out, there are no bolts but there is a broken spring, the spring locks in a weird little cup/plate, anyone have one or know anywhere that has springs, autozone, advanced, napa dont, levines not open

Comment

ok i fixed it, the assembly that is inside the cylinder that is on that plate with the 4 bolts had 2 pins a spring and an odd little plate the spring broke, i made a new one. bam

Comment

Working...
                X