For shits and giggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For shits and giggles

Well the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of work in the machine shop so I'm sorounded by high HP V-8s and other go fast shit. Then I look down at the 4.0 I'm working on, then I hear an 850hp dyno pull again and think wtf am I doing this for. Hahah.

As i'm thinking about that i walk past an LS1 short blck again that's been in the same spot there for the past like 5 years now. I've done some googling but not sure which threads to look at or take advice from. So basically just for the fuck of it can anyon suggest a good solid thread or site I can entertain this idea a bit more at? I can do a mild (500hp) LS1 build with some parts in the shop for not much more than a Jeep stroker, I just not sure what the engine management side entails.

What I'm really interested in is how people run the computer side of an LS in an XJ other than an expensive stand alone.

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
    Well the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of work in the machine shop so I'm sorounded by high HP V-8s and other go fast shit. Then I look down at the 4.0 I'm working on, then I hear an 850hp dyno pull again and think wtf am I doing this for. Hahah.

As i'm thinking about that i walk past an LS1 short blck again that's been in the same spot there for the past like 5 years now. I've done some googling but not sure which threads to look at or take advice from. So basically just for the fuck of it can anyon suggest a good solid thread or site I can entertain this idea a bit more at? I can do a mild (500hp) LS1 build with some parts in the shop for not much more than a Jeep stroker, I just not sure what the engine management side entails.

What I'm really interested in is how people run the computer side of an LS in an XJ other than an expensive stand alone.
    With an expensive stand alone. If you are building an engine to make good power and would like it to be any sort of reliable than that is what it takes. There are plenty of tuners that will program a pcm for you and be fairly close for not a whole lot of money. But making that power requires tuning, which requires a real engine management system.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I'm guessing a Painless set up?

How are the TBI systems? Saw one on here a while back I thought about but I think it won't handle the 400+ HP I want. I am a fan of KISS setups, easy to install, manage, operate, reliable and easy to fix if something fucks up.

Comment

Working...
      X