Fuel Cells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Cells

Where do i get a decent fuel cell for a decent price? what else will i need?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Summit Racing.

All kinds of different sizes. Most series require a steel shell with a plastic bladder. They run about $170-$300ish. They're red.

If it's going into a Jeep, someone makes a JeepSpeed one that the OEM sending unit will bolt right up to, I believe.

If you get one of the universal ones you have to figure out fuel delivery on your own, standard is some walbro pickups at the bottom of the cell and an external pump. You can run an internal pump, but I haven't really looked into it.

It's easy to get carried away and spend a lot on a FuelSafe, Jaz, RCI, ATL

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...d-powdercoated
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Rci makes one I think 20 gal that your sending unit will fit into. Check out gen rites page.

Comment

I don't like the little quarter turn plastic cap.
        I went with the screw style cap on my new cell.
        Artec makes mounts for JAZ cells but only a few sizes.
        I got my JAZ cell from Polyperformance.com

If you spend a little more and get the one with the large oval cap makes it easier to install fittings and pickup etc.
        You will want either a surge tank or walbro pickups that part gets pricey.
        But it really sucks when you need at least 3/4 of gas to drive up a climb.

Don't use foam it breaks down and clogs your pump, search Pirate you can buy other stuff.

Internal pumps are better it keeps the pump cool, but a the same time harder to change the external pumps don't last as long nosier but easier to change.

You can sometimes find used ones like on Pirate.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i have a JAZ fuel cell in my garage, been there for about 6 years now. don't remember why but it was supposed to fit between the frame rails on a Ford Ranger. probably 25gal i think. want me to pull it out and measure it for ya?

Comment

I looked at it quick. About 14in deep and 27x28 on the top.

Comment

Are you saying you want to sell it?
              -Caleb

Comment

Oh my bad, yes.

Comment

So bump, I bought a fuel cell, it has foam in it, can I take it out? What do I do about AN fittings? How do I order fittings and lines and shit? wha about fuel pick ups?
                  -Caleb

Comment

The fuel cell has a line going in underneath the foam.
                    -Caleb

Comment

How old is the fuel cell.how long do you plan on keeping the cell.the only time I've had the foam break down on me is in fuels cell 10+ years and older.so if its a fairly new cell you should be ok for.a while.

Comment

I honestly dont know how old it is.
                        -Caleb

Comment

Why take the foam out? It's in there for a reason.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by armadasx View Post
                            How old is the fuel cell.how long do you plan on keeping the cell.the only time I've had the foam break down on me is in fuels cell 10+ years and older.so if its a fairly new cell you should be ok for.a while.
                            This. I have had good luck with foam <7-8 years old. I like to change it every 4-5 to be safe though. It sucks when it falls apart.
                            Dan.
                            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

There are some pretty I'm depth fuel cell tech threads on pirate. Also check out alltech motorsports thread on submerged pumps.

I know tim sells the walbro pickups you're going to want.

Is this for your jeep? Ranger? Fuel cells being used for offroad stuff are set up a little differently depending on what you're doing and fuel needs.
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X