Axle regear - price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle regear - price

I'm contemplating regearing the dub shortly to help a bit on the highway, mpg's, and crawling a bit. I don't go crazy on the trails, so I'm going to leave the factory LSD's in there. If I wanted lockers anyway I would need to pay for new carriers, shafts, and the lockers themselves......#WJQUADRADRIVEPROBLEMS.

Anyway, I just got a quote from a local shop here in Jersey, The 4x4 Place, for ~$1400 for everything. That's gears, labor, install, everything out the door and 2 day turnaround. Is that a good price? To me it seems relatively reasonable, especially when getting a warranty.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

What about Tim at lii?
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Sounds like a lot to me! About 400 in parts and 1000 labor?

Comment

Eh that sounds about right. Gear sets are 150-175$ each, install kits are 100$ each so 500 ish in parts (if you assume you can pay internet pricing from a shop) and 4.5 hours per axle at 100$ per hour is a reasonable shop rate.
        Could it be done for less? Im sure, but if its a reputable shop, that will give you a decent warranty on their work, I dont think thats out of line.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

he's getting carriers out of the deal too. that's like another 120 for both
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
          X