8.25 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.25 questions

I know it's a reasonably tough axle for what it is.
    On 33s would welding it hurt it?
    Is it as bad on the road as the interwebz say? I'm Interested because of oer and rausch...

Luke95
    OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
    General Tires are

29 spline?
    you can buy a minispool for 8.25 cheap.
    I weld my old XJ 8.25

Just google locker vs spool there is plenty of discussion basically split 50/50.

I like spool better.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
      I know it's a reasonably tough axle for what it is.
      On 33s would welding it hurt it?
      Is it as bad on the road as the interwebz say? I'm Interested because of oer and rausch...

Luke95
      i would talk to dan...... he can get you a great price on a locker.... but definitly make sure the 8.25 is a 29 spline first
      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

If you dont care about your tires.....WELD AWAY!
        just make sure its a 29 spline. I ran multiple 8.25s welded, on everything from 32's to 35's and never broke a shaft.

the internetz says alot of things are bad ideas.....
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

29 spline is plenty strong to not worry about breaking shafts welded. I would worry more about breaking welds depending on who does it.
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Willing to trade some welding for a XJ front shaft?
            Im running cheap TSLs as of next Saturday so I dont really care.

General Tires are

Comment

I couldnt do it with my welder at home.
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Ok then, would you be able to burn in 2 d ring tabs?

Luke95

General Tires are

Comment

Well I talked to Harry who talked to Reid who said we could do it there with Reids welder. Get some gear lube and a tube of silicone.
                  If things go how they are supposed to I will need a ride to Harrys house anyway on saturday so I will have you pick me up and we will go up there and weld it up.
                  Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                    Well I talked to Harry who talked to Reid who said we could do it there with Reids welder. Get some gear lube and a tube of silicone.
                    If things go how they are supposed to I will need a ride to Harrys house anyway on saturday so I will have you pick me up and we will go up there and weld it up.
                    Im going to get tires saturday and working in the morning. Fuck. Any other days?

General Tires are

Comment

maybe Sunday but Harry wont be home until later so it doesnt give us much time. When are you going to get tires. We cant do anything until after 5 anyway
                      Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

maybe Sunday but Harry wont be home until later so it doesnt give us much time. When are you going to get tires. We cant do anything until after 5 anyway
                        Im out at 3 headed to NJ to get the tires and see family.
                        Sunday If its after 3 I can do it.
                        Honestly I wish that they made a mini spool for this fucker.

General Tires are

Comment

This thread is

I will be flying home sunday afternoon. If you want to do it before than and can't line up with Harry, I might be able to convince Mollie to let you in. she might be confused if the green dodge isnt the one pulling into the driveway. You sell that thing yet Dan?
                          Last edited by Crazy Reid; 07-11-2013, 10:36 AM. Reason: *she

Comment

haha I know. Well technically I sold the truck on ebay, and the buyer is coming tomorrow or Saturday. He is working out his schedule. Fingers crossed.
                            Reid are you going to make it?
                            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Reid most likely is going to be in Florida that weekend.

I will be home by 5 at the latest Sunday. Mollie and Reid may be back from the airport a little sooner. We can play it by ear when Sunday afternoon comes around.
                              97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X