hack and tap Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hack and tap Q's

why does this RE hack and tap say it only works on 96+ np231s?

i have a 94 yj, and a 100 giftcard to 4wd parts.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...pn=R%2fERE1807

because the 96+ have a sealed output shaft the 95 down seal on the drive shaft.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Sux

Comment

So can I take said output from 96+ and bolted it on to older transfer case? I might actually have one in the basement

Comment

Almost everything is interchangeable.

only 1 part I know is not interchangeable is the planetary gears switched gear profile at some point google it.

The problem with this hack and tap is that it is really long.
          You would be better off spending another $100 and getting a real one it would be a lot shorter.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
            Almost everything is interchangeable.

only 1 part I know is not interchangeable is the planetary gears switched gear profile at some point google it.

The problem with this hack and tap is that it is really long.
            You would be better off spending another $100 and getting a real one it would be a lot shorter.
            yeah i hear ya there, i didn't think it would matter much because im not lifting the jeep, other than maybe a very small shackle lift soon.

i wanted to do it because im flushing the skid plate so im not dragging it over everything all the time.

Comment

are you clocking the T-case? you can get a completely flat skid plate from frame rail to frame rail.

Personally I would stick with the stock setup easier to get spare drive shafts.

Most of the money is in the drive shaft not the SYE
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
              X