A/C Expert needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Expert needed

I have a 2006 Mazda six that I am replacing the AC system in it because I bought it wrecked.

Last time I did a AC system I didn't know that you have to pull vacuum on it, It did not last long.

I have the system flushed and new components installed, Well, used components but anyways

If I can find someone to pull vacuum on the system do I have to fill it right away or can I drive the car home And fill it there?

I am going to need the AC for North Carolina so I want to make sure I do it right and it's ice cold!

Who says you have to pull vacuum in it?
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

me! the lines sat off the car for over a year, i went to my uncles garage and it failed vacuum. it dropped 20 hg/in in like 5 minutes.

i filled the system with compressed air ( ran through a dryer) and did a soap test. i was unsuccessful. it doesn't hold the air in for more than 10 minutes, but you can hear the leak either.

thinking condenser or compressor.

Comment

Oh, I gotcha I think. I thought you meant when you were done with the repair before you filled it. Vacuum tests kind of suck. I have had MANY pass vacuum and still leak. I like to test things how they operate, if its pressure, I pressure test it etc. If its that bad Im surprised that you couldnt find a leak. Unless its in the evaporator or somewhere you couldnt see.
        Sometimes its easier just to charge it with dye and just wait for it to leak.
        I have also heard of issues from systems being open for extended periods, issues with moisture and contaminants.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

It sounds like its still leaking.?if you have someone pull a vacuum on it you can leave it in a vacuum till you get home or till you get around to putting in refrigerant.

Comment

Still leaking, I used compressed air through a dryer to fill up the system and tried to use soapy water to find the leaks, I've had no success yet, Other then I know it's not at any of the lines or junctions

65 psi leaks to 20 in 10 minutes, So it is a pretty bad leak

Comment

Working...
            X