67 c10, please identify axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 c10, please identify axle

Just got dads truck out to begin resto, we are pulling the engine and trans to put a 396 big block and turbo 400 in it, can anyone identify the axle?

GM 12 bolt
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
      GM 12 bolt
      I thought that, but the housing didnt look right compared to the other 12 bolts i looked at, but im sure its still a 12 bolt.

Anyone know how well a 12 bolt will hold up to a built up 396?

Comment

It's a truck 12 bolt. A little different.
        It's a good axle for the most part. I had one in my 72 behind a 383 with an auburn and 3.73's. On street tires though.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
          It's a truck 12 bolt. A little different.
          It's a good axle for the most part. I had one in my 72 behind a 383 with an auburn and 3.73's. On street tires though.
          Ok, how about junk yard disk brakes swap for a 12 bolt?
          Or maybe power brakes are in the schedule

Comment

I've never swapped a rear, but you have lots of options up front. Early classic enterprises makes direct replacement front disc brake spindles that use 71-84 or whenever they went to metric front calipers. Same for the rotors.
            Last one I did I bought a brake line kit from inline tube and had my choice of proportioning valve to be included. I believe early classic, and lmc truck also offer them now, and a booster and master from a 71-72.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

PO Already swap disks onto the front, And converted the truck to five lug.

We are on the search for posi for the rear end now

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
                PO Already swap disks onto the front, And converted the truck to five lug.

We are on the search for posi for the rear end now
                Oh, nice. That makes things easier.
                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                X