ABS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS question

just put in a new cv axleshaft on psgr side of my ZJ.....it is the AWD version(unlimited) the one thing i did different was i used an old unit bearing when i reinstalled everything now when i start it up the abs light comes on a fter a few seconds but until that point....the brakes do the antilock thing where they make that funny noise and shit...think this is related to the old unit bearing? note: after the abs light comes on the zj stops fine ....should i just disconnect the abs altogether and where is the plug for it?
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Did you install an ABS unit bearing? Is there a good connection.
    If you had a scanner with ABS capabilities it will tell you what your wheel speed sensors are reading maybe they gave you a bad one or the wrong one.

When the ABS light come on and stays on it means the ABS is disabled.
    If you disconnect a speed sensor it will automatically disable the ABS.

Every time you start the car it resets the ABS computer so it has to detect a fault again before it will disabled it again that is why it acts up every time you first start driving.

I would check it with a scanner make sure the one you changed is reading differently then the other ones and then return it as defective. Just because it is new does not mean it is good. Or just say you checked it and return it as defective.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i think the unit bearing i put in was an abs UB, but the one i put in was a beat to shit UB that i had as a trail spare , i have another UB that is new i was just holding off ousing it until needed....i try it and post up after i switchem... thanks for input!
      99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
      X