Engine Hoise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Hoise

Interested in what people are using for engine hoists. I will probably get a cherry picker style, I just can't decide which one to buy.

The HF ones have mixed reviews, some of them pretty bad. I was suprised none of the ones through Sears are made by Craftsman.

The ones on Grainger are a thousand bucks . I was thinking in the 2-3 hundred range that the HF ones are.

I used the fold up harbor freight one to load a bunch of axles and it worked well. Seemed as well built as any other parts store hoist.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

ive been using a Duralast one through AutoZone for the past few years with no complaints
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Big Red 3Ton Fold up.

It works fine for what I use it for. Worked well for pulling off pick-up beds too

I just dont trust Harbor Freight anything anymore. I had two grinder wheels blow apart on me, a splitting maul split down the handle, and a grinder burn up in about 30 seconds
        Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM.
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i got a used HF one for free.... hasn't killed me yet.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

We have a electric hydraulic wheel chair/ man lift, it will pick 800lbs. Use it for motors and motorcycles

Comment

2.5 ton chain hoist.
              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
              eliminator MJ - Sold
              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
                ive been using a Duralast one through AutoZone for the past few years with no complaints
                6 years strong on mine and its had the absolute fuck beaten out of it as well as passed around friend to friend and just out in the snow all winters.....still does the job without issue
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                  6 years strong on mine and its had the absolute fuck beaten out of it as well as passed around friend to friend and just out in the snow all winters.....still does the job without issue
                  2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                  1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

ive never had a problem with HF ones, ive used four of them borrowed from different people and no complaints
                    1992 xj Briarwood
                    Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                    Welded front and rear
                    13' LED roof lights
                    Disco ball
                    Truck nuts
                    Spinners

Comment

Working...
                    X