Radiator Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Upgrade

So im tired of my crappy renix radiator overheating anytime i drive up an incline...theres a lot out here. Ive seen guys upgrade their cooling system to the 97 and up radiator and efan. Just wondering if anybody on here has done the swap? Is it as easy as just swapping them out, putting a new reservoir bottle in and running a new hose? Also, will the efan hook up to the current relay?
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Did some research and had some help from a friend and it's a 100 times better now. I swapped out the renix closed system to an open one. Super easy. I bought a radiator from a 97 and up Cherokee and 6 ft of 5/8's hose. Dropped the radiator in, pulled out the old hoses going to the reservoir bottle and heater core and replaced the two hoses with the 5/8's hose. One should be smaller but that was all that autozone had. Now the jeep runs at a steady temp and I can see how much fluid is in it. Just need to upgrade the tstat now. Definitely a good upgrade and it was only $140 with all new parts including fluid and the tstat.
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Working...
    X