Carburetor Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Help

Not related to my jeep. I just ran into a problem with a carburetor though. Neighbor told me i could use his woodsplitter, but then went on to tell me that the recoil didn't pull the rope back in and i needed to "use a space heater on the intake manifold and carb for about 20 minutes to heat it up to start it."

Long story short, i just finished rebuilding the recoil. It pulls in the rope perfect now. Had to unbolt and slide the engine to get that damn thing out. Anyways, i figured i'd try to fix the starting issue.

I took the bowl off the carb, and the thing was all gummed up. Cleaned that out, and cleaned out the jets on the screw. Then, this thing (picture related) fell out of the carb and i have no clue where it goes/how to get it back in.

Can anyone help me out with dummied down instructions? Thanks a ton.

I think it goes where i've taken pictures of, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back to where it goes. I've circled in red where i think it goes. I think the pointy side goes into the hole on the first picture, and the back somehow sits where i've circled in the second picture.

Last edited by Hudson; 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

thats the needle. You need that. Kinda hard to explain where it goes over the internet. Try and find a diagram on a google search. it goes up into the carb

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

The needle goes in the carb seat. Should be right above your float bowl.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Pull the pin out of the brass float that's hanging down in the last pic. The area that you have circled is where the flat end of the needle sits.
        Take the float out, directly above that spot there should be a hole, put the needle in the hole pointy end first. Then put the float back in place. The flat end of the needle should be sitting in the flat part of the float you circled.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Briggs and Stratton. Get me model and spec # off the valve cover and ill get you a diagram.

Comment

Ah finally managed to figure it out. Was looking totally in the wrong place to put the needle. I had to grab a flashlight and actually look under there to see what you were talking about. Took about 20 minutes trying to hold that thing up and trying to seat it without it falling out. Ended up turning the splitter on its side.

Thing is back up and running and I have the joy of sitting outside in the cold splitting wood.

Thanks for the help. You guys are a
            Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Working...
            X