Front locker problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front locker problems

I have a 95 Xj dana 30 with a front lunchbox locker not sure which brand but I believe lockright. I am having problems with it sometimes it will not disengage mainly after taking right hand turns and sometimes it will suddenly lock in around right hand corners and pull hard to the left. Happens every time I drive the truck. And when it does disengage it make a very loud popping noise. Not sure if someone has had similar issues or know of something I should check. I have had lunchbox lockers before and never experienced this. Not sure if previous owner installed it wrong. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by coreyk; 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM.

Your rear axle has a D30 front locker in it?

I know they work the other way around with some modification, but I was under the impression the D30 locker was physically too small to work in a 35.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I meant Dana 30 sorry pain to type on iPhone.

Comment

sounds like the tolerances are too tight. basically not enough gap between the parts of the locker
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Is there any way to change it? The last one I put in I did not see a way to change that I could be missing it I have not worked on one in a while

Comment

remove some of the shims but keep the thrust washers. I had the same problem, I ended up having to order D30 Aussie pins and springs.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Alright I will try that. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X