Brake Pedal To The Floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pedal To The Floor?

I've noticed that recently my brakes don't have the stopping power that they used to have.

When i did the rear disc brake conversion, i never replaced the prop valve. I have it in my garage, but i never put it in. Would it be worth swapping this in? Would it just be a direct take out my old one and put in the ZJ one?

I'd have to rebleed the entire brake system as well correct? I wouldn't mess anything up by swapping this in, would i?

The brake pads and rotors are probably shot as well as i just used the JY pads and rotors as they were decent.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

I would swap one in although I dont think thats your problem, If it's progressively getting worse you may have a leak/air getting in.

Comment

Check all your hard lines. If they're rusty you could have a small leak somewhere. Did you just recently put bigger tires on it? Fluid level good? Bled properly?

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Sounds like a capacitor stopped fluxing
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
          I would swap one in although I dont think thats your problem, If it's progressively getting worse you may have a leak/air getting in.
          That might be the problem as it seems to be getting worse at a pretty fast rate. Maybe I have a leaky line somewhere, I'll look into it this weekend.

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          Check all your hard lines. If they're rusty you could have a small leak somewhere. Did you just recently put bigger tires on it? Fluid level good? Bled properly?

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
          No I've always had 32s on since I did the rear disc swap. Didn't check the fluid level, but I wil when I get home. It's bled properly as far as I'm concerned. They worked better before unless it's all in my head.

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
          Sounds like a capacitor stopped fluxing
          That must be it.

I'm going to some guys house tomorrow that has a car lift. I'll put the jeep up on it tomorrow and look over all the brake lines to see if it's leaking.

Thanks for the advice.
          Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

look for fluid leak if not probably a master.

The prop valve is not the problem. You should do some research to figure out how they work and you will figure it out if anything it will make your brake pedal harder.

drum brake prop valves have a residual pressure check valve if you leave it in it will make the rear disk brakes drag. the extra pressure is needed to counteract the springs in the drum brakes.
            You can simply remove the O-ring on the check valve just unscrew the large bolt in the front of the prop valve remove the o-ring and reassemble. easier than changing the whole valve. you will still need to bleed.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
            X