Shift Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Problem

So my F-150 is a piece of shit, and I cant work out the final issue im having in regards to the shift linkage. The shifter cable (from column to tranny) snapped. when I replaced it, the new one just snapped. I thought it was something I did, so I got another one. same deal. snapped.

Now the routing and whatnot is very clear and correct. So Im thinking that because the truck sat for a few months, the tranny has stiffened up and the cable just cant take the strain from trying to shift. I can get a wrench on the tranny and shift it what seems to be easy enough, but theres obviously more torque in a wrench, so im thinking that the tranny is just too tight for the cable to handle.

That being said, anyone got any ideas on how to get the tranny to loosen up?
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

so this is exactly the problem. any ideas guys? gotta loosen this bitch up.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Punch the windshield
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

What year truck?

Comment

'98...

and fuck you Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

I'm assuming you have an AOD trans and where the cable hooks to and wiring harness plugs in, the range sensor, can accumulate rust inside and get very stiff. And they don't want to move. You'll have to replace it. Highly doubt anything is wrong inside the trans provided when it got parked it was ok

Comment

Working...
              X