D60 Shaft shortening/re-splining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D60 Shaft shortening/re-splining

Anyone know anyone that can do this? If local, all the better... Not sure if this is something most machine shops would be capable of or not. Hoping to keep cost down by not ordering custom since I don't think I'll need chromos to run 36s.
    97 XJ.

are you on Pirate? I would post it there too honestly. Maybe a vendor does it
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

most times you can't because stock shafts neck down, i guess as long as you don't shorten it past the neck down it'd be okay.

Custom inners run about $200 per side. The chromo blank is like $110 from superior axle and then you can take it/ send it to someone to be cut and splined.

Also, i think moser just asks you for a legnth and does them at about $200 a shaft.

Narrowing a 60, i don't know of many ways around it. For custom inners, 35 spline outers, and CTM u-joints i paid about $1600. For 36's though, no need for that much.
      Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 10-06-2012, 01:05 AM.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I talked to Owen a little while again and asked him, he said when he had his shortened hp kingpin 60 he had dutchman make it, cost him about 200 for 1541H alloy and a 4 day lead time.

Comment

Mine don't appear to be neckdown. Running 36" tires and not having a large chunk of cash to throw at these in the forseeable future I was hoping having someone cutting/re-splining would be a cheap alternative. Run a custom chromo inner when I go 38"+ (and have more money) and carry the stocker as a spare..

Guess I'll see if anyone on Pirate can help me and if not... Guess I'll be going chromo. Not a huge deal either way.
          97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
          X