Dual E-fan setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual E-fan setup

I'm wiring dual e-fans in place of the mechanical fan/e-fan combination. I have a thermostatic control with a probe that's pushed into the radiator fins near the inlet at the upper passenger side of the radiator, which triggers a relay to power the fans. It has provisions for an AC override and a dual e-fan setup (with a separate fuse for each fan), both of which I plan on using. My main question is this: Is it possible to tap in a manual override? For example, instead of wiring the controller to override the temp switch when the AC is on, can I instead wire this to a switch? Should I relay the switch, in addition to the relay on the controller? Any wiring gurus out there that can give me a push in the right direction?

I'll get a picture up of the controller as soon as I can. Controller has relay integrated into it already, and has leads for Ground, Power, leads for the temp probe, accessory/ignition (so it doesn't keep going after ignition is turned off), lead for the AC override (not mandatory for normal operation, I'm assuming it bypasses the temp probe to trigger the relay), and one lead/fuse for each fan.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

wire in a switch to turn the fan relay on. you don't want to use switch to directly turn the fan on there will be too many amps for a switch.

so Key on power to the switch this can be just about anything there is a very little draw for a relay. then run the power to the same wire that goes to the temp switch. on the relay side.

I ran it a little different I had a low temp switch and I had a switch that always had power so I would turn the switch on and over ride the key on power to the switch allowing the fans to continue to run until the temp cooled off even with the key off.
    just be careful not to loose a finger in the fan.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
    X