Emissions testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions testing

Jeep needs to go for emissions. Will it pass with a turn down after the t case skid, I still run a converter, and a magnaflo exhaust. Next, what are the odds of it passing with the fuel tank in the back lol. Trying to keep the tj on the road as long as I can.

They plug it in shop I don't see why it wouldn't.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I passed with the turn down. They didn't care at all lol
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

They just do emmissions.as long as u have a cat and dont have any codes you should be fine

Comment

i cant wait till i go
          2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
          97' zj
          2012 surbra imperza DD
          im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

96+ the only thing that matters for emissions test in CT is that there is no check engine light on, the check engine light comes on for the self check at key on, engine off, you have a catalyst converter on it (visual check), and sensors are ready ( aka you cant just clear codes/disconnect battery and bring it down).

I do around 5,000 emission tests a year
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

even if you dont pass i was told that as long as you dont try and do a second test you can still register it. am i false?
              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
              -57 GMC Pickup
              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Yes. If the vehicle was regestered in Ct previously, you can still get a reg and plate. You have I think 90 days to pass.
                Dan.
                2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

They might hassle you about it dumping under the jeep but if you can't talk them down, A piece of flex pipe from advanced auto is cheap and so is bailing wire. My brother brought his truck in once and they wouldn't do it because it exited in front of the rear wheels...So he rigged some flex to get it through and then had the DMV send him a letter saying there's no laws against it, Now he's hoping they pull the same stuff next time so he can shove it in their faces.

I've been passing my emissions since I bought my jeep by clearing the codes (bought with check engine light on) driving for like 100 miles and getting it tested before the light comes on. Sometimes i bring it in before its ready to read again so i have to go drive around some more, and hope the light doesn't come on.

Comment

Working...
                  X