outer tire wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outer tire wear?

i have a 97' TJ and the outer edge of my driver's side rear tire is getting worn pretty bad but the rest of the tire looks good. is there any way to adjust the camber? what can i do?
    thanks!

was it ever on the front ? if its been on the rear and is wearing only one edge your axle is probably bent. if its been rotated then maybe your toe settings are off.

also what kind of wear is it, it it choppy if you run your hand around it (like a wave) or is it evenly smooth.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

it's only on the rear driver's side and it's evenly smooth as far as i can tell

Comment

Do you have rear adjustable control arms? If they are adjusted wrong it could wear them weird. Or obviously if the axle is bent
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

something is bent in the rear. if you are having outer edge wear its either a camber or toe in problem and on a straight axle with neither of those adjustments possible, it sounds like something is bent. If the arms were adjusted wrong it would more than likely have a crab walk effect and not a tire wear issue.

Take it to a shop with an alignment rack and see what they say. unless you rotated the tires recently in which it is most likely a toe issue in the front

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

got any pics of said tire wear?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
              got any pics of said tire wear?
              no but i will post some tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X