Neutral saftey switch problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral saftey switch problem?

my jeep died again no gauges check engine light every once in a while. now i fried the ecm once before and thought maybe it fried again. got another ecm and there isnt a difference. now my NSS is touchy. sometimes i have to start it in Neutral or hold the selector in a certain postion to start it. my question is. Does the NSS stop the motor from running. it turns over sometimes it will fire. when it actualy broke down i got it to start twice about an hour after it died but as soon as i go to drive it dies. ANY IDEAS?!
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

did you check to see what the check engine light came on for? that might steer you in the right direction as well. Replace the NSS and see what happens.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

yes and it threw a code for transaxle control module but that has been thrown every time i have checked the codes even before i had issues, my 4x4 light on dash doesnt work so i always figured that was it. before the jeep actualy died it would sometimes idle high and the check engine light would pop on but it still ran fine i just hadnt got around to fixing it. i asumed TPS. could that make it not run? plus i disconected it to see if it would thro code and it didnt. plus the light didnt come on either
      98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Working...
      X