No announcement yet.

need clearance! SOA YJ Helps please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never mind Brackney pa is probably pretty far.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

yeah im like 1.5 hours from rausch creek.

i found a tie rod flip kit for my axle, im not sure if anyone has looked at my profile, but 1 tons arnt an option, if i did that i would need a new motor, then if i have a motor i would want a new tub, and if i had a new tube i would probably start thinking about a new frame.....

im still thinking things over, i might get lazy and just do a shackle lift and 31's

Comment

this is what i did last weekend, i had a hard time keeping up ( not getting stuck )

Comment

Originally posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
          yeah im like 1.5 hours from rausch creek.

i found a tie rod flip kit for my axle, im not sure if anyone has looked at my profile, but 1 tons arnt an option, if i did that i would need a new motor, then if i have a motor i would want a new tub, and if i had a new tube i would probably start thinking about a new frame.....

im still thinking things over, i might get lazy and just do a shackle lift and 31's
          Lowest lift with the biggest tires is usually the way to go but shackle lifts suck.
          first the lower the leaf in the worst spot so you smash it on everything
          then it changes your caster angle so the jeep will wander more on the road.
          and it changes your pinion angle so you will get more vibration.
          to counter that you will need to by angled shims to go between the axle and leaf.

4cly so what 1 ton axle don't make it harder on your engine. your going to add 500lbs total like having 3 people in the car.
          Once your at speed the weight is not an issue.
          Just gear it.

1 tons swaps on leafs are simple.
          If you can do a SOA you can swap in 1 tons.

I don't think flipping the tie rod will gain you enough clearance over the leaf.

Really look into a front D60 from a 86-92 F350, cut down the long side a new custom chrome molly axle is $220 high steer arms bolt right on 1 spring perch you reuse the ford one casted into the housing.
          Brake line same cost either way you go.
          Just buy custom tie rods I think you can buy them as a kit.

Rear axle just needs perches.
          I think a ford van has a D60 that is narrow that would line up perfect.
          You can probably widen the holes on the spring plates.
          Just need brake lines.
          you might need a new master I can search for the part number bolts right on from a doge van I believe they are only $40.

If you want to go cheap on tires you can get the Hummer military tires 37"x16.5 for about $110 each shipped. 16.5 suck because there is no inner safety bead either keep them inflated or get inner bead locks down the road.

to stretch the rear just cut off the old spring mounts and move them back.
          just make sure the gas tank clears on a SOA it should be high enough anyways.

either way you look at it you need a SYE or D300 swap and new drive shafts.

perfect time to go 1 tons

Good luck

I'm like 3.5hrs from rausch.
          ~Justin
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
          X