Someone tell me which shocks to buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone tell me which shocks to buy.

I just got new springs for the MJ, Rusty's 2" and factory metric ton package springs in back. Also ordered progressive bumpstops.

I'm looking at 5150's ($95), 7100 non resi ($132) or 7100's ($178) with the reservoir. This is only front shocks, I already got 5100's for the back.

I'm leaning toward 7100's since I can get them in a short body and have 10" of travel and they are the same length as the 8" 5150's for only another 30 bucks a piece. Is there any point to getting reservoirs or no? There are some good trails for going fast around me but you are usually done in like 5 minutes.

EDIT: You can only get short body shocks with the reservoir so I might get those.
    Last edited by iant333; 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

it all depense on what you plan to do with it and what size tire you endup with, but 7100's are far better than a 5150.

Comment

I ordered 7100's. I got the 10" short body in 275/78. They are 0.25" shorter than an 8" 5150 so I wont even need to stretch my lower mount.

And i'm sticking to 31's so i should have a decent amount of uptravel, should be ~4 up, 6 down.
      Last edited by iant333; 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Sounds like it'll be a nice setup!
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

im gonna kinda hijack this a little here... anyone know of a decent brand mono-shock that will work for a 3.5" lift? i do mostly pavement and weekend wheelin, as my XJ is also my DD (i know, i know - not the best idea) however its what i got for now i wanna do all i can to make it work better in the woods and handle halfway okay on the road. but i dont wanna spend almost 400 bucks on shocks....
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Working...
          X