Engine temp issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine temp issue

I got the motor in and it seems to run great, the only thing is it runs hot. I bled the system for 10 min with the cap off, but i noticed the temp was climbing above 210 and the fan hadn't kicked on yet. Isn't this supposed to turn on before 210? It's not the typical overheating withing like 5 min at operating temp, it seems like it needs more of a fan to keep it cool.

Any ideas? The first thermo stat was stuck shut, replaced it and it's still acting up. Hooking the fan to direct power and it kicks on so i know the fan itself is good. I swapped relays to make sure it wasnt that.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

did you bleed the system fully? these things like to get bubbles. do you have proper pressure in the system? If the coolant sensor is acting up it won't tell it to turn the fan at at a certain temp and it won't kick on when it is supposed to. Maybe try a lower temp thermostat and see what happens. can't hurt to throw a coolant sensor in as well.

does it stay steady at a little over 210? or does it keep rising? this weather doesn't help either

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

It rises past 210 but very slowly. Another thing is i didnt have the ground strap from the head to the firewall hooked up, would that affect the temp switch?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Pretty sure its a grounding issue, i hooked up the ground wire and now when i let off the gas, my temp gauge dies. I have it hooked on a different headbolt than the stock location, is it really that picky in renix era?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
        X