shock valving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock valving

I bought Andrews fox 2.0s and I want to rebuild and re valve them while they are out. What valving should I run, and what do I need to do to rebuild them?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

It's walving.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Only at the comfort inn. Do you plan to go fast or crawling? Will can chime in about what you need but knowing what you will be doing can determine what you need
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        What valving should I run
        what purpose?
        what springs?
        how much travel do you have? (actual travel, not just the shock number)

im not a guru but i have a good idea with XJs what you need to shoot for for a desired result

normally theres such little travel that at the end of the day it isnt make or break no matter what you do, but i have improved mine quite a bit.

they sell a rebuild kit that will do you good (seals and such) and u need fluid
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          It's walving.
          this
          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            what purpose?uhh normal xj stuff driving on the road, rockcrawling, want to try and go a little faster.
            what springs?Clayton 4.5"
            how much travel do you have? (actual travel, not just the shock number)ill measure this.

im not a guru but i have a good idea with XJs what you need to shoot for for a desired result

normally theres such little travel that at the end of the day it isnt make or break no matter what you do, but i have improved mine quite a bit.

they sell a rebuild kit that will do you good (seals and such) and u need fluid
            -Caleb

Comment

i wouldnt hesitate for a second to go heavy compression and lighter rebound

i run 65/40 right now. i forget what andrew had before but i wanna say it was maybe 20/90 or something, whatever it was already...or maybe he didnt know. i forget, lol.

i like what i have, i used to have 20/90 before i revalved..going to 65/40 improved just about everything about the jeep on and offroad, although not by a massive margin. My airbumps make up for a lot of my valving a few inches past ride height.

i was told the heavy compression would beat me up at slow speeds but that was web wheelin. it worked out well. i wouldnt hesitate to go heavier, 70/30 or so
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

hrmm ill try that then.
                -Caleb

Comment

Will also runs a heavier a rate spring.

The Clayton 4.5's have a softer spring rate, so what will said is a great place to start.

that being said 65/40 may feel alittle softer on your jeep than it does on will's. So you may decide you want something a little more stiffer, the only real way to do it though is to start somewhere and make changes accordingly.

from what i've heard and read, the only time low compression/high rebound valving is used is for desert beasting setups.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

low compression high rebound being the 20/90? ill try the 70/30 then.
                    -Caleb

Comment

Working...
                    X