4.5 lift and bilsteins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.5 lift and bilsteins

10" travel front and 8" travel rear. 5150s. yay or nay?
    figure BPEs and eyehoop conversion would be fine? maybe some cheaters. bumpstop. need opinions
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

it should be 10 on front and back.. I think, anyways thats how I'd want it. Bumps stops are an important part of any suspion setup!

Comment

I (as well as most here) run 10" front/rear. I'm not sure how the Bilsteins are set up but I know for my FOX's I ran BPEs on the top (just because I had them around) in the rear and I have the JKS converters for up front. The bottoms up front are mounted same as stock - no issue with that.

For bumpstops up front I used a piece of UHMW bolted to the spring perch. You can pick them up from Clayton Offroad just ask for the ones for the front of a JK, its the same.

For the rear I have a machined piece of 1/2" steel 'bump plate' for the top of the rear u-bolts. I attached a poly-progressive bump on the bottom to contact the stock bump.

best pic I have of it installed

Bumped all proper and such
      Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

wow thanks for the input! getting a great deal on all 4 so why not take the 8s ya know. my rear bumps are currently well lets just say not there and my fronts are still stock. so just the UHMW up front would be good? is there a certain size i should run? and do you guys think detours shock cheaters would be a bad idea for the rear?
        98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
          wow thanks for the input! getting a great deal on all 4 so why not take the 8s ya know. my rear bumps are currently well lets just say not there and my fronts are still stock. so just the UHMW up front would be good? is there a certain size i should run? and do you guys think detours shock cheaters would be a bad idea for the rear?
          I went to a junk yard and got rear bumps off a wrecked XJ. I don't remember the length of the UHMW but I'll let Zullo chime in with that one since he cuts them at Claytons. I still have the stock front upper bump, it just contacts the UHMW now instead of the spring perch.

Not sure what the Detours Shock Cheaters are but I guess you would use them in the rear? With some BPE's they 'cheat' about 1/2". Personally I wouldn't run 8" shocks since it'll limit flex and you'll run a bigger chance of blowing the shock apart but if you don't wheel that hard I guess it'll be alright. Ideal is 10" though.

Hes a pic of my rear FOX with JKS BPE's. They cheat a bit but its really negligible. I know some companies make them with kinda like a U-shape set up so you can run a stock shock with a BB. All this can fall back on the 'do it right the first time' thing. If you plan on wheeling a lot eventually you're going to want a 10" shock.

I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

bling plates
            1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

the detours shock cheaters are like spacer blocks on the upper rear mount. i was more interested in the fronts than rears because of travel. but since i got all 4 for 100 i cant complain. i dont wheel like mabel every weekend. idk if im going to use the rears or not. would like to hear more about the cheaters if anyone has info
              thanks for reply!

Comment

Working...
              X