driveshaft / t case help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveshaft / t case help

hey guys i just need a little help figuring out what is wrong with my driveshaft or t case. while driving the jeep theres a clicking sound, and today i was shown by a friend a wobble in the driveshaft. i took a video (hope it works) but you can push/pull on the driveshaft and you can watch were it meets the t case wobble and play. (its a 231 if that matters). please throw in any ideas you have, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cWI...ature=youtu.be
    Nick, L
    xj 5.5 lift, 32's, long arms

D30 locked, 8.8, Wj swap, and 35's in progress.

looks like a blown output shaft bearing? someone correct me if im wrong
    1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

and now that i think of it...if thats blown, your chain will get slack in it from moving and slap the case of your tcase. im pretty sure and that may possibly be the clicking you're hearing...i know i had a weird clicky/brushy sound coming outta my driveline once due to a stretched tcase chain, I just ordered a new one and it went away
      1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

ya my guess was the chain was causing the clicking, and the bearing being bad makes sense with the wobble. anyone have any other ideas?
        Nick, L

Comment

Get that fixed asap, I've seen 231's wreck/torn in half due to warn cases and or seized CV's on the front shaft.

Comment

Ya it's gunna be done asap I'm just trying to figure out the right parts to order. would it be best to order the shaft bearing and chain, And inspect everything while replacing the parts and go from there?
            Nick, L

Comment

If it's got a bunch of miles I would just do a complete overhaul, maybe wide chain kit with 6 pinion planetary..

Comment

Well the jeep just hit 135k, and money is tight so upgrades for the t case arent high on my list, I'm prolly just gunna end up getting stock replacements.
                Nick, L

Comment

They're relatively the same price fwiw or just get a Chevy 231 and get all the goodies

Comment

Working...
                  X