YJ Seat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ Seat Question

How difficult is it to swap the seats on a Wrangler? My friend has the usual driver's seat rips in 95 and has his 92 that has an unripped passenger's seat. Is it possible to just switch the seat to replace his driver's seat?

4 bolts, just swap the whole seat bracket with it.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Will the handle to adjust it be flipped or stay the same?

Comment

the orientation of the seat will not change. so the lever will be different.

and for my first post i didnt realize it was a passenger side going to driver. you will need to take the seats OFF of the brackets. pass and driver are different i think
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

yes the brackets are different. At least in my XJ. I found that out after I snapped every bolt on both seats.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Next time I'm there I'll have to look more closely at these

Comment

pass side flips foward you'll have to keep the brackets where they are but the seat unbolt from the brackets. the recline lever will not be easy to get to being on the inside though

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                pass side flips foward you'll have to keep the brackets where they are but the seat unbolt from the brackets. the recline lever will not be easy to get to being on the inside though
                Thanks Pete. As far as the lever he shouldn't have a problem since he's used to not being able to adjust it at all.

Comment

Working...
                X