Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16.5 rims = unusually bad at low pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.5 rims = unusually bad at low pressure?

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/2955135394.html

Right on my way to Rausch this weekend. But I came across a lot of people saying 16.5" rims lose beads really easy at low pressures offroad because of the way the rims are constructed. Anyone have any experience with this? I know you can recenter H1s or weld on beadlocks (and I pry should be looking at running beadlocks anyway) but would I be better off just starting with a 15 or 16" rim?
    97 XJ.

avoid. boggers are shit tires and with 16.5's you have like 3 tire choices, ever. keep looking and you will find 15" diameter 35's easily enough
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Had to change a 38 in the middle of a open field because it blew the bead off the 16.5 when it went through a rut. and that was at 18 psi
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Kinda what I was thinking. I'll pass. I'm pretty set on getting TSLs again though. They work awesome for me. Definitely not hard to find deals on them and I'm shopping for next year so I've got time.
        97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          Kinda what I was thinking. I'll pass. I'm pretty set on getting TSLs again though. They work awesome for me. Definitely not hard to find deals on them and I'm shopping for next year so I've got time.
          16.5 inch tires are only good for H1's

before i had my h1s i put 16.5's on a normal set of rims..... bahahaha i couldnt air down passed 15 while the tires were sitting on my garage floor.

then i tried stock h1s.... and they wouldnt work with my high steer arms....

then i recentered, stillll having faith in them 16.5's.... then finally realized tire choices suck......... shoulda just went with a good tire to start.

just get a good set tires on a 15" 16", or 17"rim.... and try something other than tsl's. A bfg, toyo or goodyear will blow your minddddd if you think the tsl is a great tire.
          Originally posted by Ktmracer419
          some people choose video games
          some choose projects
          some choose welding random things together

Comment

I had KM1's on it for a while and they worked well, but these work better. It's funny you guys don't like swampers... All the guys I wheel with from home run them. Buggys to Jeeps. I've definitely been impressed with the new MTRs I've seen in action though. I'm shopping for next year so I've got time to make up my mind...
            97 XJ.

Comment

I think you have the only tsl's that work i'm 100% set on getting new mtr's soon
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

I hate my 16.5 but have never lost a bead, I do run the pvc insert though. I wanna do H2's, 17's.
                Last edited by Pete; 04-16-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X