No announcement yet.

still vibrations in overdrive!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would check the pinion angle i have no idea what it should be or how to really change it...i dont know if i can really change it that much with just the lower arms, the a arm isnt adjustable..
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

i would bet that is the cause of your vibes.. thats what mine was and i had to cut/reweld perches but its a little more expensive with coils... unless you have full adjustable control arms.... the yoke on the axle and the drive shaft should make a straight line, no bend in it at that u joint at all

Comment

i have rear lower adjustables i will see what i can do the next sunny day..
        -Jason
        99WJ 4.0

Comment

yeah i would def start with that especially since it doesnt do it when your just coasting

Comment

well, got it back today for the second trip to the mechanic with the jk wheels/tires on...mech now says without the MT's he can tell its definitely coming from the rear end and that its shot...

he said im gonna need a whole new rear end rebuilt and put in for $1350.00

im still not sure if this is 100% whats wrong im gonna pop the diff cover when i get a chance and see if theres anything in it..

either way im not paying that much money for a crappy D35 to be put back in if anything ill get a junker one and use that since money is tight or maybe bite the bullet and swap a 44a but then ill have to regear...im in a pickle right now lol

thoughts?
            -Jason
            99WJ 4.0

Comment

ok so...thought something in the rear diff was shot causing my vibrations...had the 30/35 regeared to 4.10s and i still have the same vibrations..

so far besides all of the above ive recently:

-had the driveshaft balanced and new joints put in (again)
              -dropped the tranny pan twice, once to check for anything in it, 2nd to put a drain plug on it
              -played with my rear pinion angle by adjusting my lower arms..Iron Rock says put them at 18 5/8" which i did, had the same vibes...lowered them to ~18" which is just slightly longer than stock arms and no difference still had same vibes...

i dont think its the pinion angle because after playing with it for 2 days the sound hasnt even changed at all..

the guy who did the gears said my slip yoke might be maxed out and i need an SYE..i dont believe this because theres guys running 6.5" lift with my same rear shaft...

plus the rear driveshaft is alot longer than that of a TJ etc and SYE's arent too commonly done on grand cherokees..

again im only at 3" in front ~4" in rear...im stumped..

could it be a tranny problem? im just tying to think of where my next paychecks are going towards..

also the guy who did the work on the gears said he drove in 4 wheel with the rear shaft removed and he said the vibes werent there (hence the reason to replace u joints again and have it balanced)

TIA
              -Jason
              99WJ 4.0

Comment

dude im tellin ya take a look at pinion angle.... same stuff mine was doing

Comment

pinion angle seemed fine...i measure 6-7* on the pinion and 6-7* on the TC output shaft...if it was the pinion angle i think i would have at least heard/felt a change in the way the vibes occured..i tried my short arms at 3 different lengths and on all 3 the vibes occured same exact time...
                  -Jason
                  99WJ 4.0

Comment

Working...
                  X