Renix Alternator connector to two bolt style alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renix Alternator connector to two bolt style alternator

I'm doing a alternator swap on my 1989 XJ Laredo and i just pulled a 130amp alternator from a 98 grand with the 5.2 which works with newer xj's. Now i didn't realize that the renix alternator uses a connector and the newer ones use a two eyelet connector instead.

My plan: There is two main wires that go to the plug on the renix alternator (65 amp i believe) would i be able to cut the wires (leaving enough to re connect if this doesn't work) and use two eyelet connectors on the newer style? I know i may need to modify the bolt holes on the newer alternator.

FYI, i bought a World wide alternator from ebay for cheap with a warrenty already and it should be here tommorw so im not looking to go with a 105amp alternator or any other type unless this will not work
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Biggest thing so far that ive researched is the older are internally regulator and the older ones are external so i found this

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...7CGRP60003___#

I should be able to plug the stock connector to this, then run wires from the regulator to the two bolts

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

What? Eyelet?........?
      Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Two bolts that use a eyelet wire connector for the external regulator. Did the install today, the setup i had didnt work. That regulator wasnt working so it had the 12 volts but wasnt generating any voltage. Picled up a 80 lebaron voltage reg. And hopefully ill get it in next week

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
        X