what scaner to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what scaner to buy?

I'm looking to buy a diagnostic code scanner. any advice on which one to buy? anyone use WiFi diagnostic tool for the ipad?

http://www.autoenginuity.com/
    A friend of mine has this and its great,relatively cheap for what it can do.

Comment

what are your needs for it ? do you want it to just be able to look up the occasional check engine light or clear them ? do you want one that can actually actuate different things and test functions ?

those two things alone will decide what kind to get. you could get a cheap $40 that will read/erase codes, check emissions readiness status etc. to a few thousand which will laterally allow you to control most things in your car with a hit of a button.

-or-

just know someone with one or check codes at advance auto parts/ autozone for FREE
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
        what are your needs for it ? do you want it to just be able to look up the occasional check engine light or clear them ? do you want one that can actually actuate different things and test functions ?

those two things alone will decide what kind to get. you could get a cheap $40 that will read/erase codes, check emissions readiness status etc. to a few thousand which will laterally allow you to control most things in your car with a hit of a button.

-or-

just know someone with one or check codes at advance auto parts/ autozone for FREE
        lol! for now i guess i just need to know why check engine lights go on, how to fix the problem and shut off the light

Comment

Originally posted by doubleuj17 View Post
          http://www.autoenginuity.com/
          A friend of mine has this and its great,relatively cheap for what it can do.
          looks awesome but $250 is a little steep for me and for what i need

Comment

All depends on how much you need it to do. If you want to read live data like flow rates and sensors, we sel a Actron at Advance for $250. Basic is $40 thatll give you a code and you have to look it up and from there prices range
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

thanks for the info! well, for now i guess i just need to know why check engine lights go on, how to fix the problem and shut off the light

Comment

just ordered an Actron 9580 from ebay. hope i like it

Comment

Should have bout the one i have for sale on here for 100 bucks
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                    Should have bout the one i have for sale on here for 100 bucks
                    damn it!!! i didn't see it
                    same one?

Comment

Working...
                    X