Rust Removal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Removal..

Short of pulling the body off and grinding/painting everything... what are my options for rust removal? Has anyone tried these spray on things? I realize they wont remove rust, but if they help slow it that works for me...
    2001 TJ
    2001 Tahoe
    2013 M3
    1986 R65
    1997 Blackbird
    2013 R1200GS

http://www.eastwood.com/rust-encapsulator.html

Comment

I eat this shit fo' breakfast
      2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

Comment

por15 in a rust inhibiting paint. i used it on my 57 gmc frame because it was in pretty good shape just had surface rust.

just do the proper cleaning that the kit comes with then roll it on........ i then painted over with a rustoleum back because the por15 looses its semi gloss finish after a while
        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
        -57 GMC Pickup
        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
          por15 in a rust inhibiting paint. i used it on my 57 gmc frame because it was in pretty good shape just had surface rust.

just do the proper cleaning that the kit comes with then roll it on........ i then painted over with a rustoleum back because the por15 looses its semi gloss finish after a while
          I recently repainted good amounts of my frame and regret not doing this, you can either skimp out with phosphoric acid (above, neutralizes surface rust, same active ingredient in por15 ) + rattle can, or spend the dough and do it right with por15+rattle can. I don't think por15 is UV protected so you must use spray paint or their UV coating as tim stated. I think por15 is a lot more durable than your typical spray paint

Comment

ya like i said my frame has been painted for about 4 years and we tested it out and i took a ballpien hammer to it and no cracks or chips........ i loved the stuff but dont get it on anything that you dont want it on because it does not come off.
            -57 GMC Pickup
            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Yes, for example don't get it on your "ball-peen" hammer haha, I'd quote the JF herculiner thread but I'm on my phone

Comment

Awesome, por15 it is. Thanks Guys.
                2001 TJ
                2001 Tahoe
                2013 M3
                1986 R65
                1997 Blackbird
                2013 R1200GS

Comment

Originally posted by MikalCarbine View Post
                  Yes, for example don't get it on your "ball-peen" hammer haha, I'd quote the JF herculiner thread but I'm on my phone
                  i phones dont allow spellings they always auto correct to something stupid.........
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

I wasn't making fun of your spelling, just advising to keep it off of your junk haha, I'm back on my PC but I can't find the thread. Some guy got bedliner on his junk while lining his heep

Comment

Nevermind, wasn't JF, and the correct terminology is don't get it on your "hootus"

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18595

Comment

Working...
                      X