Who does driveshaft stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does driveshaft stuff?

I might have found a bitchin deal on a doubler, but I'm going to need a longer front shaft. Would anyone around here extend mine for me for a reasonable price? Wishing I had lockouts... I'd just do it myself.
    97 XJ.

Tatton's shafts on ebay are very reasonable, from what I've read he'll build you any length you need and they're built with spicer parts.

Comment

Levines
      1992 xj Briarwood
      Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
      Welded front and rear
      13' LED roof lights
      Disco ball
      Truck nuts
      Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
        Levines
        Only worth it if your shortening shaft. Lengthen and you might as well buy one from high angle driveline
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Oh yeah Harry that was the other place I couldn't think of was tatton

TOM- Oh and btw what was the website that sold the front axle truss kit with the lower coil buckets and brackets? It's like a buck and a half?
          98 blue 5 speed TJ. locked,35 kevlars under 6 inches,trail bling.
          98 red automatic TJ. 3.5inch on 33 kevlars, mall crawler status.

Comment

+1 for tatton, $230 for whatever length you need. i have his number if you dont like dealing over ebay like me. Overland driveshaft will shorten a driveshaft for about 90-120 bucks (assuming youll need to shorten your rear).
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

Thanks guys, Tatton seems like the best deal around. I found someone selling a 231/D20 Box4Rocks doubler complete with shifters. Going off the measurments in his pics, the rear output gets pushed back 1.5" and the front 4". I can make up the 1.5" moving the leafs back 1" on my Ruffstuff perches or finding a slightly shorter front XJ shaft but 4" longer is a problem.

Buying a new shaft to make it work starts to lessen the savings over just starting over on my own with a 231/300... Assuming I could keep my current shafts with the 231/300. Anyone gone from SYE 231 to 231/300 doubler in an XJ that can tell me 100% I can keep my shafts? If I'd still need new shafts for the D300 doubler, the D20 one already set up with definitely be cheaper...
              97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
              X