Question about battery drain/door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about battery drain/door locks

So I have this random battery drain happening and it pisses me off. It will discharge overnight sometimes, if not in 2 nights if i dont touch it. There is a weird buzzing noise that seems like it comes from the passenger front door lock switch itself. I hit the dash sometimes on the right side and it goes away. sometimes, i hit the fuse box/switch panel on the lower passenger side and it stops. My automatic door locks dont work either.

Can it be a bad ground or can it be some kind of door lock module that doesn't go into sleep mode as I have read a couple of places? if so, where is this door lock module located? Its a 2000 jeep cherokee.

Any help would be greatly freakin appreciated
    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

disconnect the ground cable, put a test light between the terminal on the battery and the terminal on the cable. if the light lights up real bright that means you have a serious draw. then have somebody look at the light while you unplug things. start with the fuses. then go to the door lock if that is suspect. wait for the light to go dim or completely out. then you have narrowed down your search. i hope that helps. you can pm me too if you have any other questions about it.
    95 yj spring over axle 4inches lift locked and winch
    99 dakota sport used for dragging car trailer
    72 cuda with 383
    98 xj that is prolly gonna end up in the tuff truck comp.
    01 blaster
    07 cr85 cuz why not

Comment

i got the same issue, put a battery disconnect switch for now. as for the drain test , you'll need to hook up the meter inline ground to battery ground, then also have a jumper. wait 45min's (how long it takes for everything to go into sleep mode). remove jumper and see what the miliamp draw is.

ive yet to do it been so busy but let me know what you find .
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Get a clip on amp meter and start pulling fuses. When the amps.drop that's where your power is going
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
        X