axel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axel question

Hey y'all long story short what i am actually trying to do is remove the backing plate for the drum breaks from a Dana 44 off a late 70s cj5 to install on my Dana 44 for my 85 cj7. So far i have obviously removed all the insides of the drum, removed the four boults from the backing plate along with the nut on the end of the axle.

and as of now i can't pull the axle shaft out. It won't budge at all. Can someone please explain to me how to get that axle shaft out? I'm unsure if i have to do anything with the spider gears or what but i don't see any c clips in them either.

Help please im becoming vary frustrated with it.

You might need to get a plastic hammer or rubber mallet and give it a few wacks, do not use a regular hammer you unless you're careful and use wood or something between. Chances are the bearing is holding it in.

Comment

There's no.c clip. If you have a sslide hammmer ttry that. Also try hitting the housing where the bearing is to try and unload it.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

slide hammer they make a foot that bolts onto the lug nuts and got to town.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
        X