JK Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK Towing

Will a 2012 jk unlimited pull an xj on a trailer you think? i know itll be a little sluggish but other then that.
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

why not get a DD that tows well instead of a redundant one to what you already have that doesnt tow well?

jussayin
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      why not get a DD that tows well instead of a redundant one to what you already have that doesnt tow well?

jussayin
      my dad has the f350 i can use anytime to tow if i want it was more of a curiosity thing the most it'll see is probably dirt bikes and quads
      but valid point sir
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

I would think it would be sluggish. Is it even rated for it? Most car trailers are about 2000lbs to begin with.
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

well we are forgetting the fact that it isnt diesel, which means it actually cant even accept a tow hitch
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            well we are forgetting the fact that it isnt diesel, which means it actually cant even accept a tow hitch
            You didnt know im getting it reimported from europe people?

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            I would think it would be sluggish. Is it even rated for it? Most car trailers are about 2000lbs to begin with.
            I belive its only rated for 3500, but tat doesnt really matter we've pulled my bronco with the grand cherokee wasnt the smartest but it work ed
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Flat tow it??

Comment

Or not tow with it at all and you use your father's F350. Just remember to bring more motor oil with you on long trips, may be 5 quarts low by the time you get to the NY boarder.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Flat tow it??

No it was on a trailer
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Or not tow with it at all and you use your father's F350. Just remember to bring more motor oil with you on long trips, may be 5 quarts low by the time you get to the NY boarder.
                    That is getting fixed before i tow with it id need a tanker to get RC
                    97' zj
                    2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                      That is getting fixed before i tow with it id need a tanker to get RC
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

that thing will move dirt bikes quads jet skis and even boats fine. the xj on the trailer would definitely stress the vehicle some, as well as kill any hope of ok gas milage. but if you do it definitely invest in trailer breaks and a good control for in the vehicle. That should take alot of stress off the breaking.
                        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                        -57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                          that thing will move dirt bikes quads jet skis and even boats fine. the xj on the trailer would definitely stress the vehicle some, as well as kill any hope of ok gas milage. but if you do it definitely invest in trailer breaks and a good control for in the vehicle. That should take alot of stress off the breaking.
                          I'm more worried about the going more then stopping

Comment

I'm more worried about the going more then stopping
                            ya but when he goes to pull with it, it will eventually get up to speed it might just take a while regardless if the vehicle can handle it. if it gets up to speed you want to make sure you can stop it. or it would be the end of both vehicles. lol

i know that the jk would be able to move it, but it would be a big load on that vehicle
                            -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                            -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                            -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                            -57 GMC Pickup
                            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                              ya but when he goes to pull with it, it will eventually get up to speed it might just take a while regardless if the vehicle can handle it. if it gets up to speed you want to make sure you can stop it. or it would be the end of both vehicles. lol

i know that the jk would be able to move it, but it would be a big load on that vehicle
                              Overcoming a static load is a HUGE amount of work especially a car and trailer. Mine and my jeep is around 6000lbs which is double the jk capacity. Honestly I would feel sketchy towing it with my dads 1500 sierra

Comment

Working...
                              X