Body Lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lifts

So i have been thinking about doing an 1.25" body lift on my tj. i curently have a 2.5 inch lift and it will give me a little extra clearance to run 33's. What are the pros and cons to the body lift ( keep in mind it is only a 1.25" bl not 3 ). Also any suggestions with what lift to go with or any install tips?

thanks!!
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

I had a thread somewhere on this but couldn't find it, here's some stuff I can recall off my head.

Body lift pros -
    Lower center of gravity per inch with BL vs SL
    Allows tummy tuck and other mods in future
    Allows more tire clearance

Cons -
    Larger than 1.25" is usually frowned upon
    1" MML is recommended with BL otherwise you need to relocate fan shroud (no big deal)

install tips - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVaKjN8bwnk[/ame]

I've read the JKS is well constructed and well worth the money. Others will say buy some 1/1.25" pucks from polyperformance piece it together yourself
    2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

Comment

do the mml with the body lift, i recommend it. no down side to the body lift other then it looks ugly 1.25" would be the biggest i would go. go with the jks kit
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

the 1.25 kit is the body mount just extended, much safer then the spacers you put between the body and factory mount.

Comment

ya that is the reason im doing the 1.25" seems like it is the best lift height withought effecting the vehicle to much. and ya a 1 inch mml is in the plan, i just know about them already

i have 2.5 inch Sus lift with slight driveline vibes. so i planned on lifting the motor to eliminate those and i figured that the 1.25 will not affect the handling or performance overall, it will just add height.

And noted that the jks kit is the way to go!! now first hand experience on installing one?? anyone want to warn me of any tricks or tips?
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

start spraying the bolts down a few days in advance

Comment

With the immaculate condition (rust free) your rig is you could probably look at the body mount bolts and they'd fall out
              2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

Comment

1" Daystar is the way to go, nice kit, very simple. I've done 4 or 5. Fast and easy to do too, they replace those crappy OEM body mounts and allow you to use our skid plates.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                  1" Daystar is the way to go, nice kit, very simple. I've done 4 or 5. Fast and easy to do too, they replace those crappy OEM body mounts and allow you to use our skid plates.
                  hmmmmm thasts a good point..
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by MikalCarbine View Post
                    With the immaculate condition (rust free) your rig is you could probably look at the body mount bolts and they'd fall out
                    dude not after this winter in vt
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Put anti-seize on every body mount bolt when you put them back in
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Both me and ErikVilla run the jks 1.25 bl with the 1"mml real easy install, and i dont feel any differance on those off camber hills with the body being raised up an extra inch. There is always a little bit of adjusting the Tcase linkage with body lifts. Some people run the drop brackets, i choose to ditch the oem set up and go with a skyjacker linkage. I cracked my fuel bezel when i was putting it back together, my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
                          Both me and ErikVilla run the jks 1.25 bl with the 1"mml real easy install, and i dont feel any differance on those off camber hills with the body being raised up an extra inch. There is always a little bit of adjusting the Tcase linkage with body lifts. Some people run the drop brackets, i choose to ditch the oem set up and go with a skyjacker linkage. I cracked my fuel bezel when i was putting it back together, my mistake
                          Did the sky jacker system eliminate all issues caused by the body lift? or in other terms if you were to do it again would you use the same setup?
                          -57 GMC Pickup
                          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
                              Yup
                              -57 GMC Pickup
                              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
                              X