Heat blows occasionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat blows occasionally

I've been battling this problem for the past few days. When i have the heat on vent, sometimes it will actually blow out, sometimes it barely works. It will happen a few times during a five minute drive to and from work.

It's not the resistor cause i have all settings, not the relay because it will work then not work in a few second span. Could it be a bad vaccum leak? it does idle a bit high, but only after it got a new iac. I was looking at the "football" vaccumm canister and only one side has lines that go to it, how should it be connected? i have a spare cannister, could they just go bad?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

one side of the canister is open? plug it
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Did some testing, only loose the blower when i accelerate.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

sooooooo is one side of the canister open????
        its not going to hold a vacuum very well if its open, and under hard accel you lose vacuum. somewhere you have a leak
        some choose projects

Comment

Theres 2 vac ports per side, if i try to plug one side, nothing changes, if i put one line per side, no blower. i guess it's a dual chamber thing?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

im trying to think how the older ones ran.... does yours have teh T over by the battery? one port runs to the cruise(capped if no cruise) the other runs to the vacuum ball?
            and to be clear you plugged up all the ports on the ball, i think on the older ones run 2 lines to one side and mayeb the other side is for the vacuum actuator on the axle? this is all a guess becasue my memory is blurry when it comes to older stuff

im still guessing a leak somewhere around there.
            Last edited by justtorchit; 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM.
            some choose projects

Comment

definitely a vacuum leak since you lose it during acceleration, which is when you have the least amount of vacuum.

Comment

One goes to the fire wall i believe. One is a hard plastic line, one is a rubber hose. Im gonna swap the football and see what happens. Im thinking the leak may be causing the various idle problems. I think the other side is for thr axle dissconnect which i dont have.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                X