DEAD JEEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAD JEEP

As it says, Put about 250 miles on the beast this week, snow, mud, travel, work, reapeat. Stopped to put some fuel in and turned it off like a good samaritan while taking fuel, went in to start it one last time to get the two of us and a whole XJ load of timber cruising and camp gear the reamaining 50 miles or so, and nothing, starter won't turn, tride crossing it at the starter selenoid and nothing. power is on with key. Kind of stumped at this point so I think I'm going to begin with having the starter rebuilt and take it from there.

Fuckin Chryslers

def start with the starter. due to the snow and mud, check the connections from the starter all the way up to the battery. then check the starter itself. my old xj (moss green lol) had dirt on the starter connections and wouldn't do anything. little sandpaper and a rag she started every time after that
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Put 12v directly to the starter. Just bump it over really
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

CPS?

Comment

Probably an electrical issue...

Comment

my vote either starter or bad ground/connection. my jeep did similar things when the engine ground wasnt getting a good connection
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

NSS.

Comment

if its dead you should probably bury it. you dont want it decaying in your driveway
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                  NSS.
                  This would've been my second guess, if it is the NSS.. just start in neutral.

Comment

What did it end up being? Did you fix it?

Comment

Working...
                    X