Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Pan ( someone remind me why i own jeeps?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan ( someone remind me why i own jeeps?)

Ok so the venting will come first. tech question to follow........

Today it was 46 degrees out................. So i plan on getting all of the jeep stuff done in the warm blah blah blah. So i finally finished up the clutch job in the xj. did other work to that . Washed the tj and did some work to that. SO i go to change my oil ( last thing to do before relaxation ) MY OIL PAN IS FUCKED. Straight up fucked. i have taken this thing in the woods once.............. go figure.

Im editing because i did not finish my vent........ 1 TIME AND IT WAS FIRE ROAD WTF!!!!!!!!!!! jeeps are never ending issues, like Girlfriends

Ok so i ordered an oil pan. and the gasket. Im thinking about attempting this myself. I have never done one or even thought about doing one. but im sure with all you guys out there given jeeps hell since who knows when, that someone must have some knowledge on this job. PLEASE help!
    Last edited by CntStpTheStnk06; 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM.
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

pics of said oil pan ?
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

here are photos from my iphone. I have kinda realized that since i drove it for atleast 1500 miles withought noticing it that im sure the engine is fine. just kinda going to suck to have to get all oilly but w.e what does not kill you only makes you get oil in your eyes!

She Is parked untill repair.

-57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

i think it hit mostly the front so i am hoping i avoided the pickup but i am good friends with the guys at napa and they ordered me one just incase!
        -57 GMC Pickup
        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

holy shit! Its not that tough a job. much easier with a lifted jeep though. Stock height gets tricky because the pan hits the diff. you have to disconnect everythign you can and drop the axle as far as possible
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
            holy shit! Its not that tough a job. much easier with a lifted jeep though. Stock height gets tricky because the pan hits the diff. you have to disconnect everythign you can and drop the axle as far as possible
            really? this is my tj not the xj...... looking underneath it it does not look like i will need to disconnect anything. I was told i might even be able to slide it out with out disconnecting the exhaust either?
            -57 GMC Pickup
            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/213
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i have a cheaper solution ............

NO OFF ROAD FOR TJ...... (untill its much older)

But zullo i will be in the market for a skid for the xj after seeing this tin can smashed. whats Clayton got?
                -57 GMC Pickup
                -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

nothing for the xj yet, we have one thats designed to work with the coil conversion kit, but nothing for just a standard xj setup.

XJ oil pans are muchh muchh more protected than TJ's. There are very few XJ people that even run a skid up there. The belly/Tcase skid is the most common one.

We have a whole round of JK parts coming out (front/rear longarms, skids, rock sliders), followed by a whole new round of WJ parts (trackbars, skids, etc.) Then we will be working on either some XJ parts or potentially a bolt on TJ kit after all that. So I'd say towards summer/fall you'd finally see some XJ parts, which would most likely include a belly skid.

If i get my TIG welder soon, then i'd hope to see that you're in the market for a high clearance aluminum oil pan.....
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

If i get my TIG welder soon, then i'd hope to see that you're in the market for a high clearance aluminum oil pan.....

Aluminum would be nice . It would be as light as my wallet!!! dam jeeps
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Never get a jeep as a daily driver, thats what I've learned so far!

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                        Never get a jeep as a daily driver, thats what I've learned so far!
                        im not even going to say it because that will be the end of my good luck. This was my own stupidity lol.
                        -57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Shit happens, atleast this isnot an exspensive fix, pull it off bang it out with a rubber mallet, and reinstall with new gaskets.

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                            really? this is my tj not the xj...... looking underneath it it does not look like i will need to disconnect anything. I was told i might even be able to slide it out with out disconnecting the exhaust either?
                            OOOHHHHH I was thinking xj. never did one on any other 4.0
                            Dan.
                            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                              Shit happens, atleast this isnot an exspensive fix, pull it off bang it out with a rubber mallet, and reinstall with new gaskets.
                              i think it would just leak if i banged it out. i got a new one. i was just kinda looking to see if anyone had pointers. i have never done one before and it just kinda sounds to easy to be true lol
                              -57 GMC Pickup
                              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
                              X