How bout a little help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout a little help...

So after extensive searching and googling, I'm left to ask this question. Does anyone know what controls the stupid automatic child safety locks in a 98 XJ? My dads has that stupid thing, he and I both HATE it with a dire passion as it has locked us out multiple times. However I'm unable to find the relay or a fuse for anything... looked in the jeep manual itself..the Haynes manual anything I could think of . Its the lovely safety feature that is made for a vehicle with remote entry. However the previous owner misplaced it and we never got it now all I wanna do is stop it from happening. It sucks going out in the morning at 6AM and starting your jeep to let it warm up then to realize you just shut the door and it locked behind you....but its even worse when you're leaving work and you left your spare at home (happened twice). thanks doodz
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

I'm pretty sure it's just mechanical with an attachment to the door locking mechanism. no real rocket science either way.

Comment

Okay then...I figured it had something to do with a relay or a fuse of some sort, guess ill have to get snoopin' with the panel off. Thanks!
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

ya just take that panel off and go thru the motions like you would when the keys get locked in. But leave a buddy or yourself in the car and watch it. Then hammer away!!!
        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
        -57 GMC Pickup
        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
        X