rough country LA joints..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough country LA joints..

So my RC longarm "upgrade" has gave me problems for close to 2 years now. The bushings in the joints have failed and needed replacing every 3-5 months since installing (on my 5th set ) and every time they tell me I got one of their bad batches of bushings.

They are sending me out their new clevite bushings that are supose to fix the problem they are having but I'm debating wasting my time with it.

With that said, does anyone know of a replacement bushing that will fit the joints or if a currie johnny joint or a maybe even a heim joint will thread into the arms the same?

If not I'm considering on just ditching this setup and going with BDS 4 link.

I don't know about swapping them for a johnny joint or anything. But i do know that 4 link kit is sexy and Tim at lii is a bds dealer. I would shoot him an email or text to get a price.
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
      I don't know about swapping them for a johnny joint or anything. But i do know that 4 link kit is sexy and Tim at lii is a bds dealer. I would shoot him an email or text to get a price.
      Yeah I recently saw the setup and I like it a lot. if I decide to go that route ill get ahold of him. Thanks

Comment

get a measurement of the joints,theyre normally listed on the sites. if not, shoot em a mail

i swapped out my large RE flex joints for currie johnny joints on my TNT arms (clayton did), the measurements listed on their sites were identical

just an example, theyre often interchangeable in size. FWIW clevite rubber bushings are pretty sweet...i swapped to those on my arms to get away from RE's pinched rubber ones
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Apparently the new RC bushings are a lot better of a design then the previous ones. I know some people that went through 3 sets of there bushings, and so far, these "new" ones are far better than before.
          God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

hmm I was under the impression that these arms were durable.

durable.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              get a measurement of the joints,theyre normally listed on the sites. if not, shoot em a mail

i swapped out my large RE flex joints for currie johnny joints on my TNT arms (clayton did), the measurements listed on their sites were identical

just an example, theyre often interchangeable in size. FWIW clevite rubber bushings are pretty sweet...i swapped to those on my arms to get away from RE's pinched rubber ones
              they dont list the size of both joints, all the webisite says is 1.25" threads. i talked to 3 differant people through their live chat and no one had a clue, they just kept trying to send me their new bushings.

i got the new joints in the mail ysterday and im curious to see how these new clevite bushings hold up, but im very sceptical on wasting my time with them

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
                If not I'm considering on just ditching this setup and going with BDS 4 link.

One crappy setup to another mediocre setup that uses poly bushings.....

Why not just buy the Clayton arms??? End of the year sale right now

You're gonna get a minimum of least 5 years of normal-moderate use before you even have to touch the joints.

Not even saying it cause i work there, but you'll come around to them in the long run, most do....

Clevite bushings are pretty much the best thing out there, in terms of durability, for as far as bushings go.
                Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 12-25-2011, 12:33 AM.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                  One crappy setup to another mediocre setup that uses poly bushings.....

Why not just buy the Clayton arms??? End of the year sale right now

You're gonna get a minimum of least 5 years of normal-moderate use before you even have to touch the joints.

Not even saying it cause i work there, but you'll come around to them in the long run, most do....

Clevite bushings are pretty much the best thing out there, in terms of durability, for as far as bushings go.
                  because square tubing is gay

just kidding. i was looking at the clayton setups also. ive only seen a few photos of the 4 link setup, never with my own eyes and cant seem to find it on the website?

also im not real into the axle bridge (especially since ill be adding a truss abefore summer hopefully) or having johnny joints at all ends of the arms, its not really needed IMO.

i remember hearing somewhere you guys do custom arms.. possible to get the 4 link with the same axle ends as your Y-link?

Comment

You'd have to call and talk to adam about the custom arm thing, its a deff possibility, but i wouldn't be able to answer that question. Custom arms usually take a little while before they ship. It takes about 1-2 weeks at the powdercoater.

The Pro Series kits are designed with johnny joints at both ends because they are intended more for the dedicated off road rigs.

IMO xj on 35's with a dana 30...... No need for that 4 link....

The radius arms or the 3 link would be a better fit. If you drive it on the road, then go with the radius arms. Those 3 and 4 link kits only really benefit people with a 600-800 pound front axle with 40" tires that are doing front digs, and putting a lot of strain on those uppers. The upper arms only job is to mantain the pinion angle. Both the radius arm and the 3 link flex the exact same amount on the RTI ramp and i can garuntee you will not notice a difference between the two setups. The 3 link upper is just stronger than the standard upper radius arms

I ran the radius arms, as do ALOT of people and beat the living turd out of them. Hell, they survived me totaling my jeep and have lived on to another rig with no issues. My dana 30 bent like a pretzel, those arms were completely unscathed.....

I went fast with them and they worked great, i drove on the highway with them and that thing tracked straight as hell, i dragged em over rocks, i threw various full throttle assaults at them and they never made a sound.

truss is a personal thing, that bridge is optional. If you opt not to get it, we send a standard link mount that you can weld to the top of any truss with a flat surface over the diff.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I've read a thread about this on NAXJA and the Currie joints thread right into the RC longarms, the only thing I'm unsure of is what the parts numbers were, I wrote it down somewhere and I'll find it when I get some time.

Comment

if it's 1.25" then its the 12 tpi ones. Which is CE-9113

Still should get clayton arms though!!!

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          I've read a thread about this on NAXJA and the Currie joints thread right into the RC longarms, the only thing I'm unsure of is what the parts numbers were, I wrote it down somewhere and I'll find it when I get some time.
                          i searchd on naxja and found it. thanks man!

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          if it's 1.25" then its the 12 tpi ones. Which is CE-9113

Still should get clayton arms though!!!
                          eventually. ive already swapped my springs and leafs for claytons a few months ago. HUGE improvement over RC junk

Comment

RC makes the worst heim joints in the history of mankind
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                              RC makes the worst heim joints in the history of mankind
                              X2 on this
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X