Upgraded Headlight wiring harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Headlight wiring harness?

Im probably going to go out tomorrow and get a set of IPF housings to convert from sealed beam. Has anyone had experience with doing the wiring upgrade? not sure on which bulbs im gonna run, but i've heard good things about the upgrade but never really looked into it. Is it worth it?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

my buddy did his in the spring. id say its worth it. huge differance over the stock oil lanterns. ill be doing mine soon if i dont decide to go with HIDs

Comment

I have IPF lenses and their harness. It seems to make a difference. I ran IPF brand bulbs but they seemed to last around 8months or so. I have been running some Sylvania Silverstars for about 8 and they seem on par with the ipf bulbs and haven't blown yet.

Comment

making your own harness is fairly easy but can be just as expensive as the premade ones unless you can get a relay pretty cheap. i made my own for my 81 c10 when i installed hids
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

LMC sells a harness thats decent and cheap, something to look into.

Comment

I have the IPF housings, eAutoworks.com harness and 130/90 watt Hella H4 bulbs. The setup is amazing. There was somebody on Jeepforum who did a test and with the stock harness there was only 11 volts getting to the headlights. The eAutoworks harness was putting out 14 volts to the headlights. The 130 watt hella bulbs I bought on amazon.com. They have a similar light output to those expensive IPF bulbs but only cost $6.99.
            -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

I did ipf's and 5k hids. They are a white compared to a blue and they dont blind oncoming traffic. It's a high and low setup and they are amazing.

Hid's on high's and the rock lights

Last edited by LittleD; 11-29-2011, 01:09 PM.
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
              X